One helluva gay lunch . . . - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

February 24th, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
05:56 pm - One helluva gay lunch . . .
Okay, here's the most amusing thing about today.

If one believes in "no coincidences", then baby, this lunch was the gayest lunch I've ever taken!

First, I got pissed at Bush, and so wrote him a letter, telling him in no uncertain terms that he's losing at least one Republican vote if he carries this whole "gay marriage amendment" to term. I should have told him it should be aborted because it was a product of incest or something. (Gay thing #1)

Anyway, as you know from my two previous entries, I was out to look for a Lex Luthor doll for lunch, because mlleelizabeth has a thing for Clex stories. (Gay thing #2)

I took the letter to the post office, and dumped it in the mailbox. Then I went inside to check the Grove PO Box. In it was a letter from Stonewall Columbus (local BGLT group), asking me to show up for a "GBLT-friendly Faith Group" interfaith forum. (Gay thing #3)

Everything in about one hour, huh? Is someone trying to tell me something? Did I miss something fun? Why so much gay stuff going on around me?

Oh, and don't forget that omen from Imbolc where it's supposed to be "raining men", which Jenni is convinced means that I get them all.

*rolls eyes*

It's crazy. . . I'm so glad I have good humour about this, and actually *like* most gay people. I'd have such a boring life if I was bigoted. *grins*

Edit: And just after I finished this entry, I got an email from my favourite gay man, Kirk, about the Desert Magic Festival (as Brian says, "the most gay-named fest in Paganism"), and trying to work some stuff out for how I get down there. *rolls eyes again* This is just marvelous *laughs*
Current Mood: amusedamused
Current Music: "Spending Money", -JB

From:qorinda
Date:February 24th, 2004 03:39 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Is Desert Magic Festival gay-named? Geesh! I didn't know. I LIKE the name. But then again, my sexual orientation is not exactly definable.

Well, as long as I get to pick you up at the airport - I was even pricing temporary red hair dyes today. :)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:February 24th, 2004 03:42 pm (UTC)
(Link)
*laughs* Well, Brian isn't the most, ah, "sensitive" person in the world :) But he's a good friend who'll do anything for another friend, and that's what's really important.

Oh, The email I sent back to Kirk said that I should be flying into Phoenix and that I might fly out of Tuscon if I could get a good deal.

But I'm definitely planning to go into Phoenix. How could I not!?
[User Picture]
From:qorinda
Date:February 24th, 2004 04:10 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Yay. *does a little dance*
So, when are you flying in?
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:February 24th, 2004 04:29 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'll be purchasing tickets in the next two days, and I'll let you know. :)
[User Picture]
From:roc441
Date:February 25th, 2004 06:06 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Is someone trying to tell me something? Did I miss something fun? Why so much gay stuff going on around me?

I have been asking myself these same questions for awhile. Maybe someone is toying with your head and trying to make you jealous that you're straight.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:February 26th, 2004 05:18 am (UTC)
(Link)
*laughs* or maybe it's the BGC ("Big Gay Conspiracy") out to convert me.

You know these guys: They're also out to destroy the sanctity of marriage. Oh, and the "virtue" of every straight man, woman, and child is in danger of being "violated" by this same group.

In reality, they're all just afraid they'll secretly like it.
[User Picture]
From:roc441
Date:February 26th, 2004 06:02 am (UTC)
(Link)
A conspiracy? I was thinking more along the lines of the BGDEItS(big gay devine enity in the sky)

but whatever floats your boat