March 1st, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
11:54 am - "Glide up my longboard and hang off the nose. . ."
I'm feeling like I need to go to Georgia.

I miss the peaches. They're *never* out of season.

*sighs*

I finished Tarzan of the Apes last night. You know, with all the hubbub about banning Harry Potter from libraries, perhaps they should look at books like this before they talk about HP. I don't think I've ever read a more unintentionally racist book in my life. But then, I'm reading stuff from about that time period, so I have to accept it.

I finished The Time Machine as well. I have a copy of How I Found Livingstone in Central Africa with me now, which I'll probably read next. I'm currently reading 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea to Tina, about a chapter or three each night. It's slower going, but I like reading to her.

I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of King Solomon's Mines though! I might just have to order it.

My nomad feet and my wandering toes are getting impatient. I need more than a weekend outing. Even my mind is working overtime on adventures, and in one of the truly beautiful things about my life, the concepts of the adventures I have had and the adventures I dream up have all began to melt together. They're no longer different things.

Take this weekend, for instance: Did I spend the weekend drinking in the beautiful sunlight and the smell of the underbrush, or did I spend it inside, wasting away my days with Diablo 2 and picking up nifty unique items?

Shit, I don't remember. Like I said, it all runs together, and the story is reflected in the telling, not in the events.

But I do know one thing: the new fedora is wonderfully, beautifully comfortable. I love it!
Current Mood: thoughtfulthoughtful
Current Music: "Everybody's On the Run", -JB

From:moonversion
Date:March 1st, 2004 09:54 am (UTC)
(Link)
Ahhh but HP is Satanic and racism isn't. At least, that'd be the argument. ;)

That is so cool that you're reading out loud. Hehe.

Erm, sorry.. nothing witty to say. :P
From:perlgirlju
Date:March 1st, 2004 01:05 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Well, I'll be driving through Georgia on the 19/20th and again on the 26/27th, if you need a lift. :) Oh yeah, that means I'll be missing the Equinox ritual. . .
[User Picture]
From:kallisti
Date:March 1st, 2004 08:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
You can download a copy of King Solomon's Mines, and it's various sequals from the Gutenberg Project. They have a huge collection of out of copyright books, including a huge number H. Rider Haggard's books, and the Edgar Rice Burroughs books...I just finished reading Tarzan, and thoroughly enjoyed it....esp. a scene where the professor and his assistant are wondering around the jungle, going in the opposite direction they want to go, and when Tarzan tries to get them to go the right way politely, which they don't of course, Tarzan resorts to dropping a noose around each of their necks and leading them like animals in the right direction...I immediately flash on Professor & co = users, and Tarzan = tech support...and nearly died laughing!

So many times I wish I could have done similar to users....

ttyl
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 2nd, 2004 05:23 am (UTC)
(Link)
I'm too big a fan of books to let them go. At my consumption rate of books, it might actually constitute genocide, as I've probably got the blood of thousands (if not millions) of trees on my hands.

There's also the issue that I look at my screen far too long during the day anyway.

But yes, that scene was excellent!
From:bloodlikerain
Date:March 1st, 2004 09:49 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I wanna see pics of the new fedora?
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 2nd, 2004 05:24 am (UTC)
(Link)
I'll have to get some taken. Let me assure you, though: it looks damn good.
[User Picture]
From:jenarael
Date:March 2nd, 2004 06:20 am (UTC)
(Link)
I have this weird mental tie between you and Indiana Jones that hinges solely on the fact that he's the only other character who habitually wears a fedora.

And looks fabulous in it, juuust like you. ;)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 2nd, 2004 06:32 am (UTC)
(Link)
*grins* That's good! I'm at least as good looking and twice as roguish as he. Tell all your hot female friends!

No, wait, don't. I'm attached.

*sighs*

*looks hopefully* I can still look, though, right?

Oh, well, at least it isn't to some skinny stick of a woman like Calista Flockhart.
[User Picture]
From:jenarael
Date:March 2nd, 2004 06:38 am (UTC)
(Link)
You both are cute.

And it's way too early in the morning for my brain (which hasn't made the daily transition to English yet) to truly appreciate your usage of a word like "roguish".

Fedoras are universally sexy. Like your woman. And unlike Calista. ;)