It's one of those damn days, isn't it? - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

March 3rd, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
11:28 am - It's one of those damn days, isn't it?
There's sand in my shoe. Not just a few grains, but enough to make me slightly uncomfortable.

You know, I haven't been to a beach in at least three years, and I'm pretty sure I didn't wear these shoes there. So why now? Ugh.

I'll be spending my aniversary with Tina (6 years tomorrow) without Tina, it seems. Maybe I should buy a bottle of Yukon Jack and spend it with that, instead? Nah, the plan is to put in Raiders of the Lost Ark and fall asleep on the couch.

I'm dreading Friday. Tina wants to go to Outlands, and I really, really don't. But I'll do it anyway because it's her birthday, and she asked.

What the hell does one wear to that club? aside from "black", which is, I think, requisite. *rolls eyes* Not only is it dancing to generally garbage music that I don't know, but it's goth, bondage, S&M, cross-dressing, and a bunch of other subcultures that I'm decidedly apathetic toward at best.

And the weddings coming up are *all* depriving me of things that I *want* to do. One is keeping me from going to an academic conference that I *really* want to attend, and the other is placing me in the middle of nowhere during a Buffett Concert *on campus*!

This weekend Tina's going up to Cleveland for her birthday. I'm staying here and entertaining guests for the weekend. And I have a business meeting for the Grove on Sunday. Speaking of, we need to rent the place we used last time for this next ritual, huh? I suppose we ought to get on that, seeing as we haven't but two weeks until we do said ritual.

On the bright side, today my car *finally* gets picked up by the Kidney Foundation. This rocks, because I no longer have to worry about my neighbors thinking about lynching me for having an (effectively) abandoned car on the street.

Still trying to finalize plans to get to Kansas City. We'll see how that goes soon.

I have to go pick up special food for the girl cat, who probably has a UTI, during lunch. This thrills me to no end. After work, it's off to Target and the mall to pick up aniversary gifts and birthday gifts for Tina.

*rolls eyes*

Woo-frickin'-Hoo, baby. Woo-frickin'-Hoo.
Current Mood: frustratedfrustrated
Current Music: "All the Ways I Want You", -JB

From:moonversion
Date:March 3rd, 2004 08:42 am (UTC)
(Link)
Being a cross-dresser, I am appalled that you are "apathetic" about my subculture!! ;P
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 3rd, 2004 08:44 am (UTC)
(Link)
*grins* I could be "appalled by", but "apathetic" is generally how I see most subcultures :) It just excites me so little that I simply don't care.

*laughs* you can be as . . . *tries to think up oposite of "apathetic"* . . . um, pathetic (?) about your subculture as you wish, but me, I'm going to be apathetic :)
From:moonversion
Date:March 3rd, 2004 08:49 am (UTC)
(Link)
I am quite the pathetic cross-dresser... I think it has something to do with not being one. Hehe.
[User Picture]
From:anivair
Date:March 3rd, 2004 09:41 am (UTC)
(Link)
Outlands is sort of all weather wear anymore. I recommend wearing whatever you want unles you're goign to dress up to make Tina happy. if that's the case you may wan tto go with a full fuit. it'd be cool. And since you announced it (and since my Friday just freed up) I think I may go that night. You can see my new starightjacket . . .

~joe
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 3rd, 2004 10:34 am (UTC)
(Link)
Would love to run into you. Tina's going with Laruen and dragging me along. Kicking and screaming. :)
[User Picture]
From:deedeehopskotch
Date:March 3rd, 2004 10:06 am (UTC)
(Link)
well, if you want to be as cool as one of the guys we saw there, you could wear only a leather penis sock. yeh, i did go there. i'm not really reccommending it as i found it, to put it nicely, disturbing.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 3rd, 2004 10:33 am (UTC)
(Link)
I thought I should purchase a pair of leather pants I've had my eye on for a couple of years, but could never bring myself to purchase ($150 is a lot, and that kind of stuff never goes on sale). But no leather penis socks. It'd be a bit drafty in some other places. . .

And, really, *no one* wants to see that.
[User Picture]