Tags: ,

From:moonversion
Date:March 10th, 2004 08:20 am (UTC)
(Link)
Umm... go you? Haha, I cannot give an opinion. I've never been a Druid or a Wiccan. :/

It's easy to read and understand if that's what you are looking for. :)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 10th, 2004 08:24 am (UTC)
(Link)
Yeah, for once in my life, having never been a Wiccan was a disadvantage :)

But at least it doesn't read like the current essay, which is pure schlock.
From:chronarchy
Date:March 10th, 2004 08:42 am (UTC)
(Link)
Yeah, I probably did. Now that you mention it, it does look rather, um, "funny~ish"
[User Picture]
From:tlachtga
Date:March 10th, 2004 08:36 am (UTC)
(Link)
I like that you point out that Wicca is not quite as standardized as it seems; moreover, that you actually compare it to ADF and not some vague concept of what Druidry is. Wicca can mean all sorts of things, from Gardnerian/Alexandrian Wicca, to Cunningham's Solitary Wicca, which are at different ends of the spectrum. Reading both Drawing Down the Moon and A Witch's Bible gives a decent history/picture of the different forms of Wicca, the latter I think based on Gardnerian Wicca. And then you have the hordes of Fluffy Bunnies, which are, as far as I'm concerned, a weak shadow of Solitary Wicca.

However, there are a few things that maybe could be added, such as Wiccan magical practices (drawing a circle, the Book of Shadows) which are not part of ADF. How ADF is an actual organization, as opposed to a lose collection of covens which may or may not recognize each other. That one must be invited into a Gardnerian/Alexandrian coven (IIRC), while at ADF, everything must be public. Things like that.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 10th, 2004 08:43 am (UTC)
(Link)
I don't think that the lack of a BoS is all that important, really, and I touched on drawing a circle, and how ADF has some standard things. The "public" bit maybe should go in, though.

thanks!
From:vampyrecandy
Date:March 10th, 2004 09:42 am (UTC)

Carrots are gross.