Register to Vote! - Chronarchy

March 11th, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
06:12 pm - Register to Vote!
I agree with George W. Bush.

I agree that NAFTA is an excellent idea.

I agree with the war in Iraq.

I agree that minimum wage is plenty to live on.

I agree that Alaska's oil reserves should be tapped because it's integral to our national security.

I agree that women do not have the right to choose an abortion.

I agree that gay marriage should be banned by constitutional amendment.

I agree with the restriction of civil liberties if it keeps us safe from terrorists.

I agree that the economy is on the upswing.

I agree America is a better place now than it was four years ago.

I agree our country is best led with one eye on politics and one on the Bible.

I agree with tax cuts.

I agree that only abstinence should be taught in sex education.

I agree that creationism should be taught along with (or preferably in place of) evolution.

Yes, I agree with Bush.

Yes, I will vote for Bush on Nov. 2, 2004.

I am vocal. My vote will be as a scream, and it will resound through the country that day.

For all I have to say, though, I have to remember something:

The most amazing thing is, a single vote of disagreement will drown me out. At the polls, you and I are equal. If I vote for Bush and you vote for someone else, you have effectively cancelled my voice.

If you disagree with my words (or even if you agree), you need to register to vote. You need to do it today. You must not be silent. Your one voice will cancel out any other voice. *That* is the power of a single vote. That is the power of *your* vote.

Go to one of the following sites to register! In November it will be too late!

http://www.declareyourself.com/
http://www.rockthevote.com/
https://www.workingforchange.com/vote/index.cfm?ms=GOO001
http://www.fec.gov/votregis/vr.htm
http://www.registertovote.org/
https://electionimpact.votenet.com/dnc/?CFID=248908&CFTOKEN=25276519

Nechochwen,
-Michael J Dangler
Current Mood: accomplished
Current Music: "Fins", -JB

From:chronarchy
Date:March 11th, 2004 03:15 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Those of you who know me know I never declare who I'm voting for, nor do I ever decide until I get into the polling place.

Yeah, it's a gimick to make people register. To wake them up.

Copy it and send it to some friends. Seriously.

*everyone* must register. *everyone* must vote. I've never started an email forward before, but this one needs to go on. *winks*
From:vampyrecandy
Date:March 11th, 2004 07:01 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Good to know, I thought I was going to have to spew you with projectile vomit.

:-p
From:fred_smith
Date:March 12th, 2004 11:16 am (UTC)
(Link)
I live in Britain and I often hear people talking about how they don't genuinely like a lot of what Blair's done but that they don't see any reasonable alternative out there. Given the situation, I can understand people not voting. Perhaps some Americans feel the same way.

That said, the sooner America can get rid of Bush the better it will be for everyone involved. I'd hope that all of the people I've heard complain about him over the last few years actually vote, otherwise there's something seriously wrong.

I just added you to my friend's list after Vampyrecandy linked to you, I hope you don't mind.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 12th, 2004 11:23 am (UTC)
(Link)
I don't mind at all. I've seen you in a few of her posts.

I'm really sick of seeing people sit on their asses and not vote. Pisses me off to no end. I really think that if the people who claimed to care actually did, they'd be voting every election.

Though it seems you've escaped my most recent post, in which I gave story lines to everyone to write on. You just bought a ticket into that entry, dude :) Look for an update shortly :)
From:fred_smith
Date:March 12th, 2004 12:26 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Well, thanks for including me in that. I'll get right ot it!
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 12th, 2004 12:51 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ha. I make all the people on my friends list work. :)
[User Picture]
From:tlachtga
Date:March 12th, 2004 06:36 am (UTC)
(Link)
[soapbox]

I can't respect anyone who doesn't vote. I don't care if they agree with me, if they vote like me or against me, as long as they vote. Given the struggle for a representative government, given both the universal sufferage and women's sufferage movements, given the fact that people have died for the right to be heard, anyone who doesn't vote is a damned fool.

[/soapbox]
[User Picture]
From:bean_drui
Date:March 12th, 2004 08:06 am (UTC)