Hot chic names. . . - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

March 15th, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
11:58 am - Hot chic names. . .
I spent last night lying in bed, thinking about names. Eventually, I started thinking about names I think are beautiful (and that, consequently, I associate with hot women). It's not an exhaustive list, by any stretch of the imagination, but these are the names I thought of first (yes, I've actually met women with these names, and that's affected my opinion):

Eris
Alexis
Allison/Ally
Amanda/Mandy/Manda
Amber
Amy
Andrea
Angela (but not Angie)
Ann/Anne/Anna (but not Annie)
Ashleigh/Ashley
Blossom
Brittney
Brooke
Carmen
Cassandra (but not Cassy)
Catherine (but not Cathy)
Chloe
Christina/Kristina/Christine (but not Tina or Chris or Christie)
Courtney
Curiosity
Delaney
Elizabeth (but not Liz or Beth)
Emily
Erien
Faith
Gabrielle
Heather
Isabella/Isabel
Jade
Jamie
Jane
Jasmine
Jenna
Jennifer/Jenny
Jessica (but not Jessie)
Joyce
Kaitlin/Caitlin
Kate
Kiara
Larissa/Clarissa
Laura/Lauren/Laurana/Laurel
Madison
Mazi
Meg/Meghan
Michelle/Chelle (but not Missy)
Monika (but not Monica)
Nadira
Natalie (but not Natalie Portman)
Nicole
Sarah (but not Sara)
Savannah
Sophia
Sydney
Victoria
Wendy
Whitney
Zoe
Current Mood: amusedamused
Current Music: "Gypsies in the Palace", -JB

From:tlachtga
Date:March 15th, 2004 09:02 am (UTC)
(Link)
Hm. Unfortunately, "Mary" is the exact opposite of a sexy, beautiful name. It just screams "nun". (Actually, my name, Mary Frances, is a nun's name. Thanks, mom.)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 15th, 2004 09:25 am (UTC)
(Link)
Yeah. I thought about that one (mostly because I thought of you, while thinking of that name, actually), but "Mary" just doesn't do it for me.

However, just cuz your name ain't hot doesn't mean you aren't. :)

I've seen those pictures. You're good lookin' :)
(Deleted comment)
From:moonversion
Date:March 15th, 2004 09:02 am (UTC)
(Link)
Awww, look.. there I am! :D Whenever I see Zoe, I think of that orange muppet from Sesame Street. I wish it wasn't true.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 15th, 2004 09:19 am (UTC)
(Link)
See, Zoe on SS was after my time :) I don't have that stigma :)

(I should like to say "I don't have that stigmata", but that'd be just wrong.)
[User Picture]
From:gypsydove
Date:March 15th, 2004 09:03 am (UTC)
(Link)
**gasp** no Heather...well you haven't met a Heather in person I guess...sniff sniff...sniff...
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 15th, 2004 09:05 am (UTC)
(Link)
You have a good point, there. I did once meet a Heather, but she never went by Heather, so I forgot about it. Yes, Heather would be on there.

Allow me to amend!
From:healing_coyote
Date:March 15th, 2004 09:14 am (UTC)
(Link)
although I am not "hot," I do consider myself kinda cute, and so I am shocked at the lack of Monika on your list! LOL

Maybe you should start another list of women's names with original spellings, cause I would definitely be on that one!

Miss ya and have a good week!
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 15th, 2004 09:17 am (UTC)
(Link)
*laughs* Nah, you're hot. See, I knew this would happen, if I wrote it as I fell asleep. Damn me for forgetting.

It will shortly read:

Monika (but not Monica)

Cuz that's the real truth. :)
[User Picture]
From:rhiannon76
Date:March 15th, 2004 10:32 am (UTC)
(Link)
so you have anne/anna but not ann. dude, what's up with that? (everyone knows that the version without the extraneous second vowel is clearly the superior spelling. ;)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 15th, 2004 10:35 am (UTC)
(Link)
"Ann" would fit as well. I can't speak to superior spellings, but I can say that I get the same reaction (mentally) from Ann as from Anne or Anna. :)

I should add (but not Annie) :)
From:occipitaldruid
Date:March 15th, 2004 10:34 am (UTC)
(Link)
And no Christine... Well. :\
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 15th, 2004 10:48 am (UTC)
(Link)
That one would fall in with Christina, though I'd not say it was as "hot" to me as Christina. . .

But then, I'm overly biased for Christina. . .
[User Picture]
From:suicidekttn
Date:March 15th, 2004 10:53 am (UTC)
(Link)
Wow, you have every one of my names (first, middle, confrimation,and french class) up there (well...you have Christina and my Confrimation name's Christine, but still...) You even have Isabelle, which was my name for French class in HS. ^.^ That's just amusing!
[User Picture]
From:qorinda
Date:March 15th, 2004 11:15 am (UTC)
(Link)
Yeah, I never thought Linda was a very hot name. In fact, I think it's kind of boring. One of these days, I will change it to something far more interesting. Qorinda is better. At least it is unique. But it's not yet what I am looking for.
[User Picture]