I've gotten so much done today. . . - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

March 18th, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
01:44 pm - I've gotten so much done today. . .
Okay. Bad, teen-angsty poetry has a special place in my heart. I wrote a lot of it. In fact, I would go so far as to say that my poetry is some of the worst, most angst-ridden crap ever to be put to pen.

But I don't read poetry anymore. I think I got my fair share of it.

Tina just finished taking a class in Victorian poetry. Foolishly, I agreed to read some of it to her one night when she was tired.

You know, I liked Tennyson a few years ago. It was good. It was even almost fresh. But re-reading it? Neither.

I wonder if I just dislike the entire genre? No more poetry for me?

Or am I just jealous of everyone else's mad sKilZ with sentences that defy the laws of gravity because I haven't been able to write poetry for years?
Current Mood: working
Current Music: "The Weather is Here (I Wish You Were Beautiful)", -JB

From:qorinda
Date:March 18th, 2004 10:59 am (UTC)
(Link)
O to understand the workings of the mind
and its myriad paths and convolutions
as we ponder upon what was
and what may be

Seeing the poetic in the commonplace
awakens a new perspective
allowing expression of moments
and angst-filled feelings
capturing what is
in this now
and holding it
like a treasure
or a trash

Perhaps best to simply live the moment
and let it go
rather than desperately clutching
re-living
re-circling
re-defining
re-understanding
re-creating
what was

Perhaps best
not to open the window
of the heart
[User Picture]
From:roc441
Date:March 18th, 2004 01:48 pm (UTC)
(Link)
huzzah to that. although I think I have read worse teen-angst poetry when I worked for my highschool literary magazine. I love trying to write poetry, but I suck at it. I don't share much of what I write with anyone at all.
And I don't like a lot of victorian era poetry (esp. british) Although that vicious feminist side of me loves emily dickinson.