Chaos working VII - Chronarchy

April 12th, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
11:52 am - Chaos working VII
Part VI

===

"Eris." It was not a question. It was a statement.

The sobbing stopped. She pulled Her hands apart, revealing the features I knew so well from other dreams, other places, other meetings. Her eyes were now green. As Her hands passed her hair, each strand changed colour, becoming a deep auburn red. A playful smile graced Her features.

"You know, I figured you'd find me earlier. What's taken you so long, Hon?" Her smile, as always, was wonderfully seductive and completely disarming. I wasn't quite sure what to say.

I tried some words on for size. "I'm confused, Eris. Who was that, the guy you called 'Father'?"

"Oh, him?" She tossed Her head in that non-committal, sexy way She does. "That's Father. You know, Erebus. He's always being a stick in the mud. And he likes to play games. Zeus always said I needed to pay less attention to Father."

"Hesiod said that you had no father, though."

"Who was there, Me or Hesiod?"

I thought for a moment. "Well, that is a good point."

"Speaking of points, let's stop dancing around this one, shall we?" Eris' eyes twinkled a moment. "I understand that you're in the market for a pair of boots?"

"Yes. I'm in need of your father's Seven League Boots."

"Well, that's going to be a problem. You see, he rather likes them."

I sighed. "I thought he might. I'd be attached to them as well."

"Why don't you just take them?" she asked. "I mean, it isn't like he's using them at the moment."

"Eris, it would be an insult to Your intellegence if I pointed out that they're twice my height and I simply won't fit."

"You're right, that does pose a problem. Why don't we fix that?" The twinkle in her eyes got brighter.

"How?"

She brought Her hands forward, fists closed. "Why, it's simple." She opened Her hands, palm up. In Her left hand was a blue mushroom, and in Her right was a red one.

"One pill makes you smaller, and one pill makes you tall."

"And the ones that Mother gives you don't do anything at all. I know the song."

"Good. Now: choose."

And so I did.

To be continued. . .

===

Other parts:

Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V
Part VI | Part VII | Part VIII
Current Mood: artistic
Current Music: "Margaritaville", -JB

From:tlachtga
Date:April 12th, 2004 09:43 am (UTC)
(Link)
I can't wait to find out how this ends. This is really incredible.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 12th, 2004 09:53 am (UTC)
(Link)
Oh, just be glad I didn't post it all at once with no cuts. . . I'm halfway done and up to 644 lines of pure text.

I expect to post to the halfway point either today or early tomorrow, and hope to finish before Trillium. I really want to post some personal stuff (well, this is personal too, but I have lots of fun ideas going on that I need to get out), but this thing is controlling my life :)

When this is done, I'll have the full thing posted on my website so you can read it without trying to navigate the craziness that it is. LJ doesn't do well for serial-type stories.