Chaos working VIII - Chronarchy

April 12th, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
01:42 pm - Chaos working VIII
Part VII

===

I looked a both mushrooms for a minute, scrutinizing them, hoping for some sign. I recalled how Alice cried when she ate the side of the mushroom that made her too tall, and how she couldn't reach the key when she was too small. I considered how what I really wanted was a happy medium, just as Alice did. What on earth was wrong with that?

The answer hit me like a ton of bricks. Nothing was wrong with that! What made me think I needed these boots, anyway? Surely there was another way to the mountain, for nothing exists that has no path to it.

Eris was still looking at me expectantly. Her green eyes were dancing with the laughter I knew so well. "What's wrong, Green?" She asked (for "Green" is my name to Her).

I thought for a moment. "Eris, there's nothing wrong." I smiled. It was a smile that only joy can bring to a man. "I'm taking the third road. The one not offered. I'm going to make due with my own attributes, rather than relying on something to change them."

"Green, you always were one of my favourites," She said, Her eyes sparkling, a smile twitching at the corners of her mouth. "So what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to keep my size, and find a better way to the mountian. It'll take me longer, but I suspect I'll be better off in the long run."

"You will. Have a good hike, then, and enjoy the weather. It's supposed to be really nice today." She paused for a moment, and cocked Her head as if listening to something I couldn't hear. "Oh, and two more things," She said. "This is from someone else," an axe appeared in front of me, "and this is from Me." Suddenly, She stood in front of me, my size.

Her eyes flashed a mischevious smile, and She stepped forward placing one arm on my right shoulder, followed by an arm on my left shoulder. She slowly drew me in, and brought Her lips to mine. Not knowing what else to do, I stumbled into the kiss myself, wrapping my own arms around Her waist. For a moment, I was lost, tasting Her lips and feeling Her body through Her clothes.

To be continued. . .

===

Other parts:

Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V
Part VI | Part VII | Part VIII
Current Mood: artistic
Current Music: "Nautical Wheelers", -JB

From:tosk
Date:April 12th, 2004 10:49 am (UTC)
(Link)
She doesn't give you those sloppy kisses does she? The last time she kissed me I fel like I'd been run theough a carwash on a unicycle. Of course, she had taken a couple shots of the Everclear I was using for tinctures at the time... so that might explain it.

;-)

I personally and quite worried about the two of us and the Bubble Priestess being in the same spot tonight... Here's hoping Eris is busy elsewhere ;-)

'Tosk
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 12th, 2004 10:55 am (UTC)
(Link)
Actually, this kiss was quite nice. But I know what you mean about the sloppy kisses. Sometimes She just gets, ah, overly enthusiastic.

Maybe we should create a diversion?
[User Picture]
From:tosk
Date:April 12th, 2004 11:13 am (UTC)
(Link)
Sounds good.... Maybe a nice Shiny Object to get her attention.

Hrmmm