?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Halftime Show! - Chronarchy

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Chronarchy.com

Links
Ár nDraíocht Féin
Three Cranes
MySpace
Chaos Matrix
OSU PSA

April 13th, 2004


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
06:28 pm - Halftime Show!
So the halftime show is here. We now stand, looking both forward and backward. We were going to have Janet Jackson for the show, but the FCC wouldn't allow it, so here we are, with an update and a bit of talk.

I expect that this story will be done in about 20 parts. I'm shooting for exactly the 20 mark, but it depends on how long or short the parts between now and the end are. The writing has rather taken on a life of its own, and I'm more than a little lost when I try to figure out how it works. If I keep on top of everything, I expect that I should have this story completely posted by Thursday night.

Ladies, how about a kiss for good luck?

Once it's finished, I'll be posting it on my website in its completed version. Then, Gods willing, there will be no more crazy serials for a while. At least none in so many parts.

But I'm knee deep in work, fighting to try to figure out things. The Grove had a small emergency last night when the spot we wanted for Beltaine was taken, but anivair saved our butt by taking me out to another possible location and letting me look it over. So now we're set, and an update will be forthcoming about time, place, and all that junk.

After that, I finally got to meet tosk, to help plan a Discordian handfasting.

All I have to say? Goddamn I'm gonna be busy on the first weekend in May.

I had an excellent time at Outland last weekend, and met some curious people (curious in a cool way!). I also found out that one of my co-workers is holding down a bartending job there. Kinda weird, but nifty.

Also at Outland, I watched this really hot chic in a schoolgirl outfit dance around for a while. There was also a guy with a kilt on. This got me to thinking: is it the same mechanism in men that makes them like schoolgirls (i.e. the plaid, pleated skirt) that it is in women that makes them like kilts (i.e. the plaid, pleated skirt)? Honestly, they look pretty similar to me. But when I posed this question to aislinggheal, she said it wasn't. This question is important to me, though, and I want more opinions!

I need to do the following things: finish up my workshop for Desert Magic Festival, finish a revision of the Dance Guild proposal (clocking in at a beautiful 64 pages thanks to the lovely beautycorrosion), get my car into the shop before Friday, get my ass over to PSA to pick people up in under an hour from now, get back on the horse, and lead the damn thing to water.

Yes, every word of that made sense in my muddled brain.

Oh, and I have to finish about 7 more parts to that nifty Chaos Working. Yes, I am so on top of this.




Taken from aicerno:

I want everyone who reads this to ask me 3 questions, no more no less.

Ask me anything you want.

Then I want you to go to your journal, copy and paste this allowing your friends (including myself) to ask you anything.



Made by the fine folks at
daylighttwilight.com



Also, please note that I have a new bio! Thank you, healing_coyote! I'm still waiting for that *really* dirty limerick you promised!
Current Mood: flirtyflirty
Current Music: "All the Ways I Want You", -JB

(24 comments Leave a comment)

Comments:


From:moonversion
Date:April 13th, 2004 03:44 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1. Do you ever wish you could just bitch slap someone? No reason needed, just slap 'em silly.

2. Will you entertain us with the hustle and various rumours at Wellspring?

3. Where do you think American society is heading?


Made by the fine folks at
daylighttwilight.com


[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 13th, 2004 03:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1. Do you ever wish you could just bitch slap someone? No reason needed, just slap 'em silly.

Never for no reason. But quite often, I want to bitch-slap an idiot here or there.

2. Will you entertain us with the hustle and various rumours at Wellspring?

Hustle? Probably not. Unless you think Gwynne and Rob can do disco on the electric ukulele.

Various romours? Haha. You bet your ass!

3. Where do you think American society is heading?

A farmer's market. Seriously.

See, every few days, somewhere in America, some old guy either falls asleep at the wheel, or can't see because he hasn't had his eyes checked. That old guy drives into a farmer's market, often injuring several people in the process. Sometimes even killing people. It's a sad thing.

See, the American people are very much like the old men who crash into Farmer's Markets. Either they're asleep at the wheel, can't see, or aren't paying attention to where they're going.

Look at America's current state, and you can see the Farmer's Market in the distance.

So I'll repeat my usual statement: "Use your Godsdamned right to vote, assholes!"

Otherwise, we're so gonna hit that Farmer's Market up ahead.
[User Picture]
From:rhiannon76
Date:April 13th, 2004 03:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
*smooch* bonne chance, you long-winded rogue. ;)

i always thought the reason guys seem to dig the schoolgirl thing is based in the idea of the young, nubile, supposedly-innocent-but-secretly-very-very-naughty girl, whereas my impression of the men in kilts thing is the sheer uncontested manliness it takes to wear a skirt and still be ruggedly virile (or that, indeed, the skirt enhances said rugged virility.)

3 questions:

1.) is this chaos working (meaning the results, not the exercise that brought them on) very different, rather similar, or other/neither to other workings you've done in the past? how so?

2.) what's your favorite fetish and/or vice?

3.) (entirely unrelated to question 2) how many barrels of fun are we going to have this weekend?
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 13th, 2004 04:07 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1.) is this chaos working (meaning the results, not the exercise that brought them on) very different, rather similar, or other/neither to other workings you've done in the past? how so?

This one was rather unlike most of them, but there are some similarities. It's different because it was so *long* (and you'll see just how long at the end), but it's similar because it involved a shelling of some shells I was confined to. Each one of these things pulls something useless off. It's very much like a snake shedding his skin. But I don't leave mine lying around.

The wierdest similarity? I freaking knew exactly where I was. This entire exercise was through familiar territory. There were surprises, and life-altering changes, but I still know exactly what was going on.

2.) what's your favorite fetish and/or vice?

Honestly, I'm not totally sure. I like to joke about schoolgirls and cheerleaders, but they don't *really* turn me on.

I dunno. I suppose I like assertive (not agressive) women. I've tried a lot of stuff, and I can list *way* more things that I'm not into than things I am.

But by best vice? The thing that the rum is good for? Beautiful women, any day. I'll look and stare for hours, and never feel guilty for a moment.

3.) (entirely unrelated to question 2) how many barrels of fun are we going to have this weekend?

More barels of fun than crude oil that comes from the Persian Gulf area. Oh, wait. *Un*related. Oops.

I expect roughly 10. And each shall have at least 16 monkeys inside. We will roll them through the forest until they get dizzy, open the barrels, and send them into the woods. We'll watch them until the fall over. (If we rolled the barrels right, that would be all of three steps.)

But we will, of course, have the AHS on hand to certify that no animals were harmed in our merry-making.
[User Picture]
From:liliths_bane
Date:April 13th, 2004 03:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
school girl skirts to kilts. It's not so much the look that's appealing as the references to it or the things associated with it. School girl = innocent ready to "learn" what you have to teach her. Naive but oh so willing. Kilts = *sigh* strong, (forgive the cliche) man's man. Hard working, hard fighting and soft, oh so soft with the ladies. Not to mention possible accent but that's just icing. *feeling a little flushed*
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 13th, 2004 04:08 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hmm. . . A good point. I like that answer :)
From:ravenlaughing
Date:April 13th, 2004 09:01 pm (UTC)
(Link)
oh yeahhhh..... what she said. LOL
I once worked at ticketmaster and tried to keep this visiting Scot talking on the phone as long as possible just to listen to him....
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 14th, 2004 05:41 am (UTC)
(Link)
Haha. That's two for feeling flustered at the potentiality of an accent :)
From:ravenlaughing
Date:April 14th, 2004 10:16 am (UTC)
(Link)
Well, a lot of it is the security a male has to have to wear one. My ex absolutely refused.
[User Picture]
From:liliths_bane
Date:April 14th, 2004 02:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ooooo *drool*

You could _almost_ (I said almost now) never see the man's face and could bed him just by listening to the accent!

Almost ;)
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 14th, 2004 05:13 am (UTC)
(Link)
1 - How does a Discordian wedding work?

See, that's a really good question. I'd hate to give away exactly what wasn't decided, so instead, I'll give you my initial idea:

You have your two, uh, marriagees? Well, the people who are getting married. They stand in front of the priest, who is holding a shotgun.

Priest fires the shotgun into the air, shouts, "Yer married, ya varmints! Now git!" and procedes to watch them run away.

So, yeah. Basically just a shotgun wedding.

2 - You up for bonfire dancing at Wellspring? ;-)

Only if they don't sit around singing that silly "Kali, black Kali" chant. I can't stand that thing.

But otherwise, sure :)

3 - Why don't we hang out more often?

Because you live so far away! All the way in Springfield! It's a whole 45 minutes!

*stops whining*

I think it mostly has to do with how busy I am. I'm very, very busy, which sucks. Mostly, my weekends are taken up. I suppose I could drive out to Springfield some evening and have dinner, but my evenings have been booked lately, too.

If nothing else, though, I want to get to one of your rites again someday. But I have to have priorities: First I gotta make it to Black Bear PG for a rite, and then Whispering Lakes Grove. I haven't even been to one of 6th Night's rites in over two years (not counting Summerland).

But I would like to.
From:vampyrecandy
Date:April 13th, 2004 09:04 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1. I percieve that sometimes you allow yourself to be pushed around by others. Is there a deep reason behind this? Like, are you keeping track, or something? Or, am I totally off the mark?

Wow, that was 3 questions, sucks to be me.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 14th, 2004 05:41 am (UTC)
(Link)
1. I percieve that sometimes you allow yourself to be pushed around by others. Is there a deep reason behind this?

There is a deep reason behind everything I do. Usually, that's just the way I am. I'm a pushover, usually.

But then, I also recognize when not playing nice, not being a pushover, and not just rolling over and dying is more trouble than it's worth.

I'm *very* easy to get along with because I don't hold grudges, and I can ignore *lots* of things that have happened. I underreact to situations. I don't often take stands on issues. I'm sure this could be seen as being "pushed over", but really it's just an effort to get along, and to pick my battles with real care.

I like being "nice." The problem is, lots of people perceive "niceness" as "he does as I tell him to." I have no issue with that, because I generally surround myself with very good people. But I don't do shit that I know I'll regret, and I never do shit I disagree with.

Plus, I can always say, "Remember the time that you wanted to have six naked men running around in our ritual and I didn't object? It's time to return the favour."

If something comes up that I feel strongly about, though, I'll take a stand on it. And I won't budge until I can be proven wrong.

That last sentence is rather important, because I get proved wrong all the time. On the low end, I'm wrong once a month, at least. On the high end, I can go for about a week being wrong an average of once per day. It is, really, very funny to watch me get stuff I should know wrong. But the key is that I accept it when I am. Usually thanking the person who pointed it out profusely.

Like, are you keeping track, or something?

I keep track of lots of things. But not always in a tabulated manner. Of course, if someone says that they'll give me something, and I count on receiving that (as a *purely* random example, the repayment of a loan of $300 or more), then I keep track. It's very different if a person says, "I might pay you, but you can't count on it for a few months." At that, I'll pretty well trust them to come up with it "whenever," and basically forget about it. I don't hold grudges.

Or, am I totally off the mark?

I dunno. I don't really perceive it that often. I've never been a big fan of marking stuff down on a "win/loss" chart.
[User Picture]
From:tlachtga
Date:April 14th, 2004 06:29 am (UTC)
(Link)
Ladies, how about a kiss for good luck?

*mmmmwah!*
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 14th, 2004 07:36 am (UTC)
(Link)
*grins* I like kisses for luck :)
[User Picture]
From:airthesea
Date:April 14th, 2004 12:25 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1 What is the one thing that makes your lovely girlfriend something you can't live without?

2 Why does every Mike I know wear a fucking fedora?

3 What is the most cruel thing you have ever done to another person whom you loved?
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 14th, 2004 02:30 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1 What is the one thing that makes your lovely girlfriend something you can't live without?

Just one thing? I could talk for days about her beauty, really, but you'd all get bored. I could say it's her curves, or her green eyes, or her long red hair. I could discuss the sound of her laughter and how it makes me remember that nothing really matters. I could talk about how she supports me or shoots me down, depending on how stupid or smart I'm being at the moment. I could talk about how we've been together so long that I can't imagine life without her.

But I won't. No, if I have to pick just one thing, it's the whole package. It's Tina. She is what makes my girlfriend something I can't live without.

2 Why does every Mike I know wear a fucking fedora?

I don't know about the other ones, but I have a hero in Indiana Jones. Every other Mike probably just wants to be like me: sexy and witty.

3 What is the most cruel thing you have ever done to another person whom you loved?

I'm not sure. I'm trying to think of all the people I've loved, from friends to family, and I wonder just how cruel I could be. In general, I try to avoid being cruel, but I suppose it must slip out.

I really don't know. I've been working on this question for 20 minutes now, trying to figure it out. I go through my closest friends, and I think about each member of my family. I'm not sure that anything I've ever done could really be considered "cruel", at least not from my own perspective.

Instead, I went back a few entries to one entry in particular to see this:

I also think you should watch before you flirt...hearts are being broken.

Honestly, that's probably the cruelest thing I might have done. If there's someone who feels he or she has been led on, then I haven't been clear enough or strong enough in my statements of, "I have a girlfriend, we're monogomus, and that's all there is to it."

And it's quite possible that I do love (in a platonic sense) the person who stated that. There are a few people on my friends list that I can say that about. But I don't know, because I have no clue who posted it.
From:(Anonymous)
Date:April 16th, 2004 10:16 am (UTC)
(Link)
Yes, you have been cruel, but I know you didn't mean it. You should realize that what others perceive as cruel is different than what you yourself perceive. Worry not, though, all is forgiven.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 19th, 2004 04:59 am (UTC)
(Link)
Worry not, though, all is forgiven.

Well, I wasn't planning to worry too much about it. But then, I usually don't. But it is something to think about.
[User Picture]
From:liliths_bane
Date:April 14th, 2004 04:13 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ok, ok... because I've decided to do this.....

1) What's you're favorite thing/person or place in the whole wide world?

2) What is the most irritating thing you could ever have to endure?

3)What is one aspiration you have?
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 14th, 2004 04:25 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1) What's you're favorite thing/person or place in the whole wide world?

Hiking. In the mountains. On a cold, crisp morning that's clear as can be, early in the spring, on a trail I know well. A full pack, a light breakfast, and someone to walk with me who doesn't want to talk, but just wants to experience the morning with me.

2) What is the most irritating thing you could ever have to endure?

Mosquitoes or other stingy, bity insects.

3) What is one aspiration you have?

Finishing this story would be nice. :)

Otherwise, I'd say a professorship somewhere that gives me free summers to do "research" at Pagan festivals.
[User Picture]
From:aicerno
Date:April 14th, 2004 08:47 pm (UTC)

I ask of thee these questions three ere the other side ye see!

(Link)
1. What is your name?

2. Who was the commanding officer of the Army of the Shenandoah?

3. What happened in 1968?
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:April 15th, 2004 05:44 am (UTC)

Re: I ask of thee these questions three ere the other side ye see!

(Link)
1. What is your name?

Michael J Dangler

2. Who was the commanding officer of the Army of the Shenandoah?

Damn trick questions!

On the Union side:

There were two armies of the Shenandoah. The first was headed by Robert Patterson, but this isn't what is usually referred to as the "Army of the Shenandoah". That would be the second army, under Major-General Philip H. Sheridan.

On the Confederate side:

Brigadier-General Joseph E. Johnston lead the first Army of the Shenandoah, but this is a bit misleading. It was actually started by Major-General Kenton Harper, who was then replaced by Colonel Thomas J. Jackson, who was replaced by Brigadier-General Joseph E. Johnston.

I should note, however, that the Civil war is not my specialty :) I took one class on it. I'm much more in tune with the Roman Republic / Early Empire.

3. What happened in 1968?

Well, do you want a chronological thing, discussing every little thing possible? How about I do this:

My father volunteered for the Marine Corps. They took him and trained him. His tour of duty was in 69-70

The Tet Offensive occured that year, as well (on two days because of a calendar mishap).

Martin Luther King, Jr. was assasinated.

DNC riots in Chicago, which play a major part in the Illuminatus! Trilogy.

Resurrection City was raided.

Andy Warhol was shot.

Soviet Union invaded Czechoslovakia.

Tlatelolco Square massacre.

Halt of bombing in Vietnam.

The USS Pueblo was captured.

Nixon won the presidental race.

My Lai massacre.

Are those what you were looking for? :)
[User Picture]
From:aicerno
Date:April 15th, 2004 07:54 am (UTC)

Re: I ask of thee these questions three ere the other side ye see!

(Link)
Works for me :-D Danke.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com